Wednesday, November 21, 2007

KILBURNFLYER

Wembley Arena was not overfull for Motorhead and Alice on Saturday but that didn't matter too much. Got right down the front and felt the bass in my chest in the best traditions of attending a Motorhead gig. Was with a few friends one of whom has the claim to fame of being photographed on the No Sleep to Hammersmith album. A great set comprising the usual standards - no class, overkill, ace of spades and metroplis (plus killed by death which is a real crowd pleaser but is a track I just don't like - never have) and a smattering of later songs. Absolutely excellent stuff and an acoustic Whorehouse Blues as part of the encore capped a really enjoyable concert. Joan Jett preceded motorhead (my main reason for attending) and was enjoyable - a few too many covers including AC/DC by Sweet and Do you Wanna Touch by Gary Glitter (the irony was lost on her) but I love Rock n Roll and Hate Myself for Loving you were both excellent.

Alice Cooper always surprises me - he has a great back catalogue and is a great performer but were it not for the presence of motorhead I would not have even bothered going which would have been a shame as he impressed me again. A great show all in all and the last proper rock show on my slop chit for this year. Still got a couple of shows by the manics next months and the regular squeeze xmas show but thats all. May slip in and see Thin Lizzy if I can get out of a work do especially as I understand that Diamond Head are now supporting rather than the very dismal Queensryche.

Have been discussing with mates my best gigs of the year so will have to think further before writing this crap for my own amusement.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home