Thursday, February 05, 2009

KILBURNFLYER

Have just heard the terrible news that Lux Interior has died. As lead singer with the Cramps his music formed a big part of my formative years. He was part of the bridge between the old school rock and roll I had grown up hearing my dad play (I am still a big fan of Gene Vincent) and punk which then led me into exploring hard rock. The smell of female is still one of my favourite live albums of all time and hearing stuff like the most exhulted potentate of love, ain't nothing but a gorehound, got good taste and psychotic reaction at the many gigs I saw them play during the 80s and 90s were always a particular treat. I even took my wife to see them a few years ago when they last toured the UK. What a truly fantastic singer with a great band. Feel very sad but especially for Poison Ivy who was his lifelong partner.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home