Tuesday, February 20, 2007

KILBURNFLYER
Just read that Kurt Cobain would have been 40 today if he hadn't blown his brains out with a shot gun all those years ago. His music still sounds as fresh today as it did when I first saw them more years ago than I can recall. Have had a few friends commit suicide over the years and it is always a massive shock for those left behind. I was always wondering why I didn't see the signs or perhaps do more to help them while they were alive. It acts like a corrosive on the soul as suicide is ultimately a very selfish way to act. I suppose you can never tell what is going on in someone elses head so you cannot judge why they did what they did but I still can't help wondering why they felt so low that they could see no way out. I have never felt like that and can't envisage the circumstances in which I would kill myself. However, I bet they would have all said the same themselves before they actually did it. Anyway kurt happy birthday and thanks for nevermind - I originally wrote music but thats an ABBA song so fuck that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home